Service maintenance and repair
Using a network of suppliers we can take care of all your ‘SMR’ needs from routine servicing and MOTs to non-scheduled repairs, vehicle restoration and anything in between. We can even take care of the documentary administration requirements for your vehicle.
Researching and organising electrical and mechanical modifications, upgrades and accessory installations is our pleasure. As is the sourcing and fitment of cameras, park distance control (PDC) sensors, in-car entertainment (ICE) systems, hands free and navigation devices and security equipment such as vehicle alarms and trackers.
We are also here to help with the testing and recharging of air conditioning systems.
From three years of age, most cars manufactured or registered after 1st January 1960 and used on the road are required by law to undergo an annual MOT test to check safety, roadworthiness and emissions. For the sake of prudence Ecurie Esprit also recommend clients submit their pre-1960 vehicles for annual safety testing.
Upon our client's instruction Ecurie Esprit will:
- Diarise your MOT expiry date and register your vehicle with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) MOT text reminder service.
- Book your vehicle's MOT at an authorised test centre.
- Remove your vehicle from storage and reset tyre pressures to the manufacturer's recommendation.
- Prepare your car and perform a multi-point check to maximise the chances of a pass result, as recommended by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
- Transfer your car to and from the test centre using our enclosed trailer, open trailer or driven service as specified by the client.
- Wait with your vehicle and observe whilst the MOT test is performed.
- Repeat our multi-stage induction procedure before returning your car into our storage facility.
- Notify you of the test outcome and log all documentation within the vehicle storage history file. In the event of a pass we will notify you whether any advisories were issued and in the event of a fail we will discuss with you the options and costs for remedial work and re-testing.
Our charges for this service are £125 + VAT including the test fee (excludes any remedial repairs or re-testing fees in the event of a test failure).
Depending on the duration of your car's storage term with us, there are likely to be a number of documentary and administrative requirements we shall be happy to help you with. Statutory off road notifications (SORNs), road fund license renewals and refunds, cherished number transfers and retentions, exemption from MOT declarations and changes to historic taxation classes are all examples that may apply depending upon the circumstance.
For an annual flat fee, long term storage clients can even make us ‘keeper’ of their vehicle, so that all DVLA correspondence regarding the stored vehicle is routed through the Ecurie Esprit office.
Please enquire to discuss any of your service and maintenance requirements with us.